Highbank Organic Farm in Co. Kilkenny was a 17th century farmyard and the present farm house was built by our family in the 19th Century. The first apple orchards were planted by the family, in 1969, to compliment the hop gardens.
The varieties of apples are specially chosen for their juicing properties which are uniquely complex and full of health giving vitamins and minerals.
Highbank Orchards is home to the original and innovative and multi award winning HIGHBANK orchard syrup. We also produce several delicious Apple juices, including our acclaimed Christmas organic mulling apple juice.
- Highbank Medieval Cider - have blended their Organic cider with Organic Honey to produce a sensational drink with subtle honey overtones and a long tannic finish
- Highbank Proper Cider - This limited vintage Highbank Proper Cider is organic, sulphite and gluten free, made only from Highbank’s apples. It is fermented on its own wild yeasts with no additives.
- Highbank Drivers Cider - A delicious, sparkling refreshing non-alcoholic drink. Organic, Gluten Free, Suitable for Vegans
- Highbank Orchard Syrup - "Irelands answer to maple syrup", this sweet and delicious, pouring, organic orchard syrup, is the first of its kind
- Highbank Organic Apple Juice - a delicious, refreshing healthy organic breakfast drink, made from our own organic apples.
- Highbank Organic Mulling Apple Juice with Organic Mulled Spices - Highbank organic apple juice red top with organic mulled spices known by it's red top. A single vintage seasonal hot apple drink for winter, this delicious drink is often used as a non-alcoholic, welcoming drink at a Christmas Get Together. . The word "mulled" simply means heated and spiced.
Taste and Tour Highbank Orchards & Distillery
Highbank welcomes all vistors to TASTE & TOUR the Organic Orchards and visit Highbank Organic Farm Shop during the week.
Steeped in medieval history the 17th century stonebuilt coachyard with its small distillery offers a backdrop to tasting the organic orchard syrup,juices, organic ciders and apple spirits all produces directly from the orchards.
During blossom time in May, harvest time in October and November, through to Christmas, Highbank offers an insight into a small scale Irish food producer adding value to product.Organic for over 20 years the farm is full of seasonal wildlife and vistors are welcome to bring a picnic and sit by our ecolakes, or our BeeBNB, to enjoy.
Review - "the history of the farm, which was fascinating. ...... great insights into what life is like on the farm and discussing what goes into the various products they make (Ciders, Brandy, Gin etc.). The grounds are amazing. From the beautiful rows of apple frees, to the horses and geese, I really felt like I was getting back to nature. "
- Winner of Food & Wine Mag Artisan of the Year Award 2013
- Winner of The Irish Food Writers Guild Award 2013
- National Organic Awards 2012 Highbank Proper Cider - Best Organic Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverage
- Food Producer of The Year 2012 presented by Savour Kilkenny